Your Privacy Is Important
We’ve updated the privacy policies for our site and newsletter to reflect the General Data Protection Regulation. Please look over the policies, which will be effective starting May 25, 2018.
Why we process personal data and what we use it for
We collect data in two ways. First for our newsletter. We only collect email addresses and names for the purpose of distributing Cate's newsletter with readers who want to stay apprised of new releases and other news related to Cate's books. We do not share this information with anyone for any reason.
We are currently in the process of contacting all subscribers regarding their subscriptions.
We also collect information for the purpose of commenting on blog posts directly on this website. Again, that information is not shared with anyone for any reason.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING
- We embed content from MailChimp
- We collect information for our email list.
- We collect information for commenting on posts.
WHAT COUNTS AS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify someone, whether through direct or indirect means, including commonly used online identifiers such as cookies and location data. On this site:
- We gather emails to enable us to send out newsletters
- Consent for cookie usage is now included in any signups
- We do not share a user’s information with any third-party promoters
- When users can leave a comment, this site will store comments and information relating to the comment such as the date and computer’s IP address. This data is not used in any way by Cate Ashwood
RIGHT OF ACCESS
Data subjects have the right to access their personal data and to know how it is being processed.
Right to be forgotten – this policy allows EU data subjects to request to have all their data deleted from your server or transferred to another company.
Breach of personal data we will notify the Supervisory Authority within 72 hours unless the breach is harmless and poses no risk to the individual. If a breach is concluded to be high risk, Cate Ashwood will inform the individual as well.
How to contact Cate
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to share with you any information we might hold on you.